Thursday, May 25, 2017

Important Momemts



     Tell me this now. When did you realize you could be whatever you want to be?
Well I can tell you exactly when. When I was eight years old, I asked my grandfather what he was because I believed he didn't work. He told me the story of how he owns his own business and how he came up from the bottom. I didn't really understand what he was saying because I was young and only wanted to know why he didn't work it was too much for young me to comprehend. I asked him the same thing, but a different question later in my life. Probably around the age of 13. I asked, "grandpa, what kind of job do you have?" And he reached over and told me this long story. It was very meaningful, but about an hour long. So I'll sum it up for you listening. When my grandpa was about 16 he came to America with barely any money, no home, and no job. He had to work hours on end for years as what people thought to be a "basic Mexican" working for very little. While he worked, he met my grandma, my dads mom. Years later, my grandfather now has his own businesses and works most of the time from his house. He went from the bottom to having three businesses and being very successful. Knowing this made me realize I truly can do whatever I want with enough effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment