Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Soundtrack to my life


Stardust- Frank Sinatra
Don't Be Cruel- Elvis Presley
Burning Love- Elvis Presley 
Billie Jean- Michael Jackson
Dear Mama- 2pac Shakur
Suicidal Thoughts- Notorious B.I.G

Growing up as a kid with my grandma was full of music. She would always play music and clean or sit in the sun relaxing. Whatever she did, she would be listening to music. My grandma loved Elvis and Michael, she'd never go a day without listening to their music and hum along to the melodies of the oldies. I grew up listening to artists like Frank Sinatra and the artists above. As time went on, I slowly drifted off and as my music taste developed, it became a mostly rap and hip hop dominated community with music. But there's times where I like to sit back and listen to some of my older favorites. When I listen to them, they take me back before my grandma passed. On summer days when we'd listen to music and do chores together. When life was simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment